Stuart Weitzman is a leading luxury accessories brand that is synonymous with strength in femininity. Defined by an energetic, modern and bold attitude, SW is known for its unique approach to melding fashion, function and fit in every silhouette. The brand's focus on creating timeless, effortless shoes and handbags that are engineered to empower women with both confidence and comforthas resonated around the world, as SW is now available in all corners of the globe through an array of websites, boutiques and retail partners.
Stuart Weitzman is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation and inclusivity.
The Stuart Weitzman Creative team is seeking a skilled Junior Digital Designer to join the Creative team, reporting to the Senior Digital Designer. The Junior Digital Designer will be a powerful digital producer who can create engaging designs and layouts that reinforce our brand visual language to support global marketing, business needs and brand-building initiatives, inclusive of ecommerce, digital marketing, campaign execution support, interactive experiences and more. The ideal candidate will be able to create innovative, compelling design solutions that balance art and commerce, as well as be a creative thinker, passionate designer, skilled and open collaborator, and an artist at heart.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Concept, design and develop compelling assets for global marketing, business needs and brand-building initiatives, including emails, animations, landing pages, lookbooks, promotional assets, image cropping/resizing, and posts and stories for social platforms
- Create innovative user experiences based on an understanding of customer needs and brand guidelines
- Communicate original concepts through sketches, wireframes, visual comps, and interactive prototypes
- Research trends in art and digital design within the fashion industry; present ideas and concepts for application of of-the-moment digital innovation
- Work closely with the Creative, Editorial and Content Operations teams to execute content strategy plans in a manner that is on time and on brand
- Meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Skills and Abilities Required
- Expert level Adobe Creative Suite knowledge
- CSS, HTML, photo and video editing skills
- Animation skills preferred
- Excellent sense of aesthetic design and a strong eye for detail
- Understand fashion and brand identity
- Strong knowledge of current web development best practices and web production techniques
- Strong understanding and experience with digital retouching and image production
- Dynamic individual who has energy, enthusiasm and passion for digital innovation
- Excellent organizational, communication, collaborative, and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to be responsive, think proactively, multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
Education and Experience Required
- College degree
- 2-3 years relevant working experience
- Demonstrated layout/design ability
- Fashion/Agency experience required
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Stuart Weitzman is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Stuart Weitzman at www.stuartweitzman.com.