FamilyCore understands that strong families, equipped with the tools and ties to succeed, are at the heart of any vibrant, tight-knit community. We are looking for compassionate, committed and conscientious individuals who will actively seek to mobilize its mission statement, which is "instilling hope by creating the right balance of resources and care to foster and equip healthy productive children & families." FamilyCore is a private, non-profit, nationally accredited social service agency that has served the Tri-County area since 1900. We are committed to helping individuals and families strengthen their lives through a variety of counseling, child welfare, family preservation and preventative education services. We offer the best in quality, confidentiality, and expertise.
FamilyCore employs over 90 individuals in a tight-knit work community that work with schools, the court system and other social service agencies to connect counseling, intervention, preventative education and other support services with those who have a need. FamilyCore takes a holistic approach in its continuum of care, often providing boosts of support to multiple generations. The end goal is to maintain the integrity of family, however it may be defined.
The Information Technology Manager oversees the information technology management systems used to store, retrieve, transmit, manipulate, and report data for FamilyCore. This position ensures that systems are being used to their capabilities and users are satisfied with the systems and develops, maintains, and enforces policies for the use of systems. The Information Technology Manager reviews current Information Technology systems to identify needs and gaps, and researches and recommends solutions and reviews business processes related to storage, retrieval, transmitting, manipulating, and reporting among departments and researches and recommends process enhancements.
- Directs and manages communication and information technology strategic plans, policies, and programs for FamilyCore data processing, computer services, network communications, compliance activities and information management services to accomplish FamilyCore goals and objectives.
- Directs the information and data integrity, cyber security, and risk management of FamilyCore and its departments and provides data to support performance objectives.
- Supervises assigned direct reports, volunteers, consultants, and interns to provide the best possible outcomes. Develop formal plans for direct reports, including objectives, training, priories, help ticket management, database development, and other tasks are required.
- Coordinates the objectives of the needs of FamilyCore to ensure the computer and communication capabilities are responsive to the needs of FamilyCore's growth and objectives.
- Develops and establishes operating policies and approaches for FamilyCore.
- Responsible for developing a FamilyCore Technology Roadmap, including goals and objectives, including assessment of current and future state, to assure alignment with strategic initiatives.
- Evaluated overall operations of Information Technology functions and recommends enhancements.
- Advises senior management on strategic systems conversions and integrations in support of FamilyCore goals and objectives.
- Prepares goals, objectives, and budgets, facilitate the orderly and efficient capture, storage, processing, and dissemination of information.
- Manages all requests for new hardware, software, phones, printer, and related services.
- Interacts with FamilyCore managers on internal and external processes and functions that are impacted by the storage, retrieval, transmitting, manipulating, and reporting information.
- Reviews and recommends for approval major contracts for Information Technology services and equipment or other contracts that have an information and communication technology component.
- Ensures the security of the information systems, communication lines, and equipment.
- Defines application architecture and develops programs and systems to meet business needs/requirements through interviews with end users and stakeholders.
- Oversees the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems, software packages and FamilyCore web presence.
- Successfully completed FamilyCore required training, re-training, and any additional training as required by FamilyCore policies and practices, or as assigned by his or her immediate supervisor.
- Adhere to standards adopted through Council on Accreditation.
- Ability to organize and maintain data and confidential information.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with all internal and external clients.
- Ensure safety protocols and policies are practiced at all times.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and cultural competency.
- *Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements:Education and Experience:
- A master level degree from an accredited college or university in information technology, computer science, business administration, or in a related area required.
- At least 8 years' experience in network management, information, or related technology experience. At least 5 years of management experience with increasing level of responsibility.
- This position requires advanced technology knowledge, mathematical skills, and good communication skills, to include speaking to groups and writing proposals and articles.
- Literacy or working knowledge of office automation, planning, project management, budgeting, telecommunications, networking, and imaging is necessary.
- Strong project management and/or LEAN/Six Sigma experience is a plus.
- Ability to establish and maintain a client focus.
- Ability to set and maintain professional boundaries with clients.
- Must pass required background check.
- Ability to be sensitive and understanding of cultural and lifestyle differences of all people regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, or background.
- Successfully complete FamilyCore training as required.
- Utilize time tracking software and all other software required to fulfill duties.
- Must possess valid Illinois Driver's License in good standing, and proof of valid vehicle insurance.
- Safe, reliable personal vehicle, to be used for FamilyCore business.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently walk, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, push, pull, lift, grasp and feel.
- The employee frequently is required to use manual or finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination when handing computer equipment and related tools.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing within normal range.
- The noise level is normal.
- No occupational exposure to blood, body fluids, communicable disease, or other potentially infectious substances.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be subject to distraction and interruptions. May be subject to difficult client interactions that involve behavioral and emotional challenges.
- Work occurs in and out of an office environment. Frequently exposed to loud noise and outdoor weather conditions.
FamilyCore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Clarification for 'Other duties as assigned': This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice