Position Title: Fabrication Supervisor
About Nortek Air Solutions
Nortek Air Management is comprised of two individual businesses, Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC with annual sales of close to $1 billion across three market segments: Residential, Light Commercial and Custom Air Solutions. Our Company's mission is Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we are a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee's commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence.
This is the ideal role for a talented Weld/HAM supervisor to join a fast-paced fabrication team. The successful candidate will oversee all weld operation and will be responsible for managing and scheduling of all MIG/TIG operators to weld various components in flat, vertical and overhead positions, as well as all machine operators.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently, and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results and can "own it" in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead teams in a Teamwork culture.
- Ability to ignite and lead change as a catalyst for improvement.
- Can thrive in a "legacy now" culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
- Strong leadership skills including ability to think strategically, solve problems and create a motivating team environment.
- A "builder" who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Lead role for an approximately 100-150 employees, including assignment of daily tasks, managing performance, and ensuring adherence to company policies and regulations, and contribute to a high level of productivity and employee engagement.
- Coordinate work schedules to facilitate efficient employee utilization progress.
- Ensure orders are filled on time and meet quality standards. Maximize yields (efficiencies and utilizations) and throughputs and minimize waste and unnecessary costs. Maintain proper staffing levels.
- Develop, lead and coach employees and monitor job performance. Assist in formalizing and coordinating training activities
- Minimize labor variances & maintain accurate operational reporting.
- Perform daily inspections of work on shop floor and document work progress. Maintain and submit accurate weekly time records. Ensure equipment operates properly through preventive maintenance and repair.
- Establish fabrication guidelines including tack and pre-weld specifications. MIG/TIG welding on carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminum fabricated components. Verify process weld parameters per print specifications and ensure conformance to Engineering process guidelines. Set up tooling and fixtures as required for process. Troubleshoot weld/HAM issues with the guidance of the operator and/or Engineering as needed.
- Manage time/conformance, on-time delivery and 5S requirements. Utilize visual inspection techniques to check appearance and quality of materials and use any appropriate gauging when required.
- Minimum 8 yearsmanufacturing experience
- Hands-on deployment of lean manufacturing techniques (e.g., material pull/Kanban, visual management, one-piece flow, value-stream mapping, 5S)
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and effectively; Read with comprehension the necessary related documentation. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of organizations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge in MSWord, Excel and inventory control systems.
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Air Solutions, please visit our company website at .
Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.