Motor Vehicle Inspector
Responsible for examining motor vehicles to ensure vehicles operating on state highways meet all requirements established by the state's department of motor vehicles.
- Inspect automotive vehicles to ensure compliance to emission standards and governmental regulations.
- Inspect accessories, air lines, and electric circuits.
- Check for damage, broken headlines, leaks, and faulty blinkers.
- Test vehicle for wear-and-tear damage.
- Inspects and assesses the condition of all of the vehicle's essential mechanical systems and components.
- Check for improper adjustment.
- Approve or deny vehicular inspection and issue inspection stickers.
- Suggest improvements to vehicle that fails inspection.
- Keep records of vehicles inspected.
- Check for illegal equipment installed on vehicle.
- Change oil.
- Replace fluids.
- Check preventive maintenance programs.
- Investigate complains, accidents, and operations.
- Prepares reports based on findings from the inspections to be presented to the fleet's manager and/or mechanics.
- Explains and interprets related laws and regulations and communicates with the fleet's manager and mechanics to help ensure the fleet's compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Prepare reports based on findings.