Responsible for Using a variety of techniques such as weaving, needlepoint, pottery, embroidering, painting, or welding to create handmade objects for sale or exhibition.
- Create by hand decorative object using a variety of methods depending on talent.
- Employ use of different media such as ceramics, glass, paper, textiles, wood and metal.
- Attend craft shows.
- Set up exhibitions and promote using media, print, and other PR methods.
- Search out different venues to display and sell products.
- Develop prices for products.
- Research competition and potential market.
- Fabricate patterns and templates to aid in design.
- Cut, shape, fit, join, mold, or otherwise process materials, using hand tools, power tools, and/or machinery.
- Set specifications for materials, dimensions, and finishes.
- Use computer software to create designs.
- Create prototypes of models.
- Meet with gallery owners to determine exhibition schedule.
- Invoice customers for sold products.
- Respond to customer complaints about product.